Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Fred & Simon surf deluxe extravanganza tour Summer -05










Late last summer I got the opportunity to hang out with the surf tour boyz Fred and Simon.. I just got home after a quick trip to Singapore and Seoul and they made me an offer I couldn't refuse (among other things I got a sms from Simon that is impossible to translate.."heja Martin han är bra, kom och kröka varje dag."). After chasing good flights for a day or two I took off to Bilbao and from there by bus to San Sebastian where the surf boyz picked me up. We had a great time the six days I spent with them. First of all four nice days in Biarritz and Anglet in France.. bonjour baguette.. and then one night at a youth hostel in San Sebastian and one night in Bilbao before leaving early Sunday morning back home. In Bilbao we also took the opportunity to be a little sophisticated and cultivated by visting the Museum of Modern Art aka Guggenheim in Bilbao.

When not trying to stand up on the surf board we ate tapas and drank lots of rosé wine and light beers. It was really a blast and I guess we have to do it again the coming summer. It was great. We met a lot of nice people from different corners of the World, mostly Aussies and French people. "..I had some friends, some that I hardly know, we had some times, I wouldn't trade for the world.." Au revoír

4 comments:

Graeme said...

sounds a lot of fun! i am trying to find some good surfing waves here in south america, but no luck yet. oh well, maybe here in Rio. Copacabana sends her greetings!

martin said...

Well then give her a big hug from me! My pics from Brazil is next to come on the blog actually. And shortly I will take care of the structure, putting the links in place and stuff. Been working a lot lately but now finally vtc id is up on the new violin. Take care!

Graeme said...

Yo Martin

Hope you are well! Sorry i have been scarce - this travel thing is hard work!

Shout if you need help developing your blog - it will be a pleaure. Let me know exasctly what you want to do :)

chow / g

martin said...

Hey G! I would like to add links to friends who blog, get some navigation to sort the content after topic and so on.. at least that is what 's on top of my mind right now.. I'll shout if I come up with something else and I appreciate your help
/m